RAID and Server Recovery Services
Data Clinic have an established track record at recovering data from broken RAID arrays and servers throughout the UK. We are the only company with a dedicated RAID Recovery Team providing you with almost instant assistance whenever you need it.
Since 2002 we’ve recovered thousands of RAID and server systems across the UK and worldwide. We offer 3 service levels:
- Emergency – Your data is recovered in as short a time as possible. This service level includes overnight and weekend work. It literally is a 24×7 service and will have you back up and running as soon as possible.
- Priority – Your data is recovered within 2 to 3 working days.
- Standard – Your data is recovered within 5-10 working days.
We recover data from:
- Any RAID Level (eg. RAID 5, 6, 1, 0, 10, 50 etc)
- Any System (Dell Poweredge, HP Proliant, IBM, G-RAID, Synology, NetGear etc)
- Any Operating System and File System
- Any type of data eg. Virtual Machines, SANs, Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, general Microsoft Office data, Video and TV production, music production, SANs, custom systems etc
- You name it, if it’s stored on a RAID configuration, we’ll recover it.
Common RAID / Server Faults We Deal With
- RAID array / Controller Card Failure
- Missing / Deleted Files and Data
- Controller Card Set-up Corruption
- RAID Container Crash
- Boot Failure
- Server registry configuration lost
- Rebuild failure
- Damaged striping
- Multiple hard disk drive failure (or multiple drives go offline)
- Intermittent drive failure resulting in configuration corruption
- RAID array or volumes that won’t mount after a server crash
- Configuration damage or corruption
- Addition of incompatible drives
- Hardware conflicts
- Software corruption
- Software or operating system upgrades
The Recovery Process
- Our RAID recovery services are nationwide and we will arrange collection of your equipment from anywhere in the UK. Equipment is usually collected within 90 minutes and work will begin on your system as soon as we receive it. Additionally we have office in the following locations: London (Central), Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Northampton, Sheffield, and Sunderland.
- An initial diagnosis by our RAID team determines whether each media device is accessible to our lab equipment. If so, the first priority is to create a raw image of all data from accessible media onto new media so that logical analysis can determine the nature of the information loss situation
- If some of the media is inaccessible our lab will test the components and closely examine its internal health to determine the extent of physical damage.
- Recovery of crashed RAID and other hard disks often involves replacing failed or damaged components in a clean environment and using specialized hardware and software tools to create the raw image. Failed components typically include electronics, read/write heads, head assemblies, magnets & drive motors.
- Logical RAID data recovery uses the raw images of all the server’s media by examining the low-level data sectors. Technicians must determine both the exact layout of volumes which span or are striped across multiple drives and what fixes to filesystem structures are needed to get access to the important data.
- Multiple-drive servers are typically ‘destriped’ onto our media so that filesystem repairs can be performed and the data files extracted. Sometimes the existing filesystem structures are missing or damaged so much that data has to be extracted directly from one or more fragments of the destriped image.
- Our programmers have created a full set of software tools used by our technicians to analyze, destripe, fix & recover data from raw images drives to virtually all operating systems. Once a recovery has been successfully performed, file lists are created and information validity is checked.
- We are fully compliant and registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, our security number is 10717672.
- We have a standard NDA, or you are welcome to supply your own.
- If requested, transport to and from locations is arranged via a secure point-to-point courier and uses a security cleared driver.
Beginning The Process
Simply call us now on 0871 977 2525 and talk your problem through with one of the RAID team.
Our Latest Testimonial
“I was very pleased that Data Clinic were able to rescue two failed NAS RAID drives for us. They were full of vital archive media files, that we thought we’d lost forever. Their service was quick, and their technical advice was detailed but at a level we could understand. We hope not to have to use them again, but definitely would!”
Sam Bailey, BBC Radio 1
Read some case studies here: https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/known-issues-case-studies/
- What is RAID? – Wikipedia Definition
- RAID and Server Faults – The Top 5 Things To Avoid
- HP Proliant Servers – RAID Data Recovery Services
- Data Recovery Services on Dell Poweredge Servers
- Our data recovery service on RAID 6 servers and arrays
- Data Clinic’s NAS Data Recovery Section
- Recovering data from Buffalo NAS, TeraStations and LinkStations
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Repair, Extraction and Data Recovery of damaged / corrupted EDB and PST files