Recovering Data From Broken and Faulty Buffalo LinkStation, TeraStation and NAS Storage Equipment
Common Buffalo Data Storage Devices
- NAS: TeraStation and LinkStation
- Desktop: DriveStation
- Portable: MiniStation
- Wireless: AirStation
Buffalo storage devices are very popular these days. Most common are the Buffalo TeraStation and LinkStation. Frequently available with USB and NAS connectivity, Terastations usually come in a RAID 5 configuration and span data across multiple hard drives. Buffalo LinkStation’s are usually single disk storage boxes – two disk LinkStations are available in either a RAID 0 or RAID 1 format. All use the XFS filesystem and use SATA hard disk drives using capacities of 500GB and above.
General notes and failure symptoms for all Buffalo Storage Devices (LinkStation, TeraStation, NAS etc)
- Device / file / folder access can be problematic – Files and folders (or even the entire device) may become inaccessible and disappear from the the system config.
- Device may no longer power up – and will no longer be accessible
- Ticking / Knocking sound may be heard from the device – and it may no longer be accessible
- Data recovery: Data on Buffalo devices is frequently recoverable. The number 1 rule is to power the device down and not restart it.
Recovering Data From Buffalo LinkStations, TeraStations and NAS
Data Clinic Ltd are able to retrieve the file and folder data from the all models of Buffalo hard drives. Contact us online, or find your nearest Data Clinic location. Alternatively, call all us on 0871 977 2525 (international +44-161-761-0620) for more information.
> Link: Go to our main NAS Data Recovery page