Lenovo are a popular manufacturer of SSD hard drives and computers. Their SSD hard drives are often found in their own branded computers, standalone external hard drives and are also be fitted as storage devices to many other types of digital equipment.
Data Clinic are able to recover data from broken Lenovo SSD hard drives.
Common Lenovo SSD Failures
- In a computer:
- “Internal hard disk drive not found” error message (or similar) is displayed if the SSD is set as the main boot device
- The computer will not boot &/or the SSD drive will not be recognised by the system
- As an external hard drive or other attached storage:
- The drive will not be recognised by the computer or may be recognised incorrectly
- The computer may hang when the external Lenovo SSD device is attached
Lenovo SSD failure is usually because of two main reasons –
- SMART failure on the SSD
- Controller failure on the SSD
In both cases the fault is because the SSD hard drive has entered an error state from which it can’t recover.
Recovering Lenovo SSD Data
We are able to successfully retrieve the data from failed, unrecognised and unresponsive Lenovo SSD’s by reprogramming them. This allows us to access and extract the data and write it to a new hard drive. We do this because once these SSDs fail, it’s best to not resume using them as they’ll just fail again.
Recovering Deleted Data from Lenovo SSD’s
Due to a feature on SSD’s known as TRIM, it’s virtually impossible to recover data once it’s been deleted. TRIM is usually enabled by default. For more information on TRIM, including how to tell if it’s enabled on your SSD go here: https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/data-recovery-and-the-ssd-trim-feature/