File & Folder Recovery from all models of Microsoft Surface Pro
Microsoft’s Surface Pro computers feature NVME SSD hard drives that are fixed to the motherboard and are difficult to extract. This makes using traditional data recovery methods extremely tricky and renders many techniques useless. Due to the hardware architecture of the Surface Pro and their NVME hard drives there are only a small number of companies in the UK that have the specific hardware to recover the data from these devices. Fortunately, Data Clinic have both the necessary hardware and the data recovery techniques to bypass many of these difficulties, and we are able to successfully recover the data from all types of Surface Pro.
Popular Models: We can recover data from Surface Pro, Surface Pro X, Surface Go, Surface Laptop, Surface Laptop Go, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Hub, Surface Duo, Surface Neo
Surface Pro’s feature internal PCIe NVME SSD storage, with popular capacities of 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
Common types of failure and data loss on the Surface Pro
- Electrical – The Surface Pro will without warning just shut down. Additionally, parts of the computer may be overly warm or hot, but this is not always the case. The Surface Pro will no longer switch on or if it does the hard drive will not be detected
- Liquid Spills – We see a lot of Surface Pros that have had liquid (water, coffee, wine etc) spilt on them. The liquid has seeped in through the keyboard and onto the mainboard which has shorted the computer electronics shutting the computer down. Often the Surface Pro will be unresponsive and not power on.
- Deleted Data Loss – Unless a backup system is in place it’s almost impossible to recover deleted data that has also been removed from the Recycle Bin. This is due to the way the Surface Pro’s NVME SSD hard drive works (see https://www.dataclinic.co.uk/data-recovery-and-the-ssd-trim-feature/)
How our Surface Pro Data Recovery Works
- Please call us and describe the nature of the failure. We are often able to diagnose faults over the phone and will provide you with accurate costings for the work.
- Choose from 3 levels of service: Standard 5-10 day, Priority 2-5 day, and Emergency 24 hours. The services are priced differently.
- Use our free daily collection service that will pick up your Surface Pro from any UK address.
- We will recover the data from your Surface Pro onto another hard drive or memory stick that can be read in any Windows or Mac computer.
Data Clinic are registered with and certified by the Information Commissioners Office for data security (certificate number Z1209280). Additionally, data recovery work can be completed under a Non Disclosure Agreement. Please mention this requirement when you contact us.