Hard Drive Recovery by Data Clinic Ltd
Data Clinic Ltd have been providing hard drive recovery services from faulty and broken hard disk drives since 2002, and are the UK’s #1 hard drive data recovery company. Our success rates are exceptional.
We are so confident that we can recover your data that we offer a ‘No Data – No Fee‘ service in most cases. Please do not open your hard drive yourself, as this will negate this service.
Open Pricing Policy
Data Clinic operate an open pricing policy and we will give you the data recovery cost before we commence the recovery process. When you call us on the Freephone no 0800 151 2207, or fill in the contact form, we will give you a quote. If you are happy with the quote, then we will arrange a courier to collect your hard drive from your home or business free of charge. Once we have fully diagnosed your hard drive disk failure, we will provide you with the full cost to go ahead and recover your data to a new hard drive and return it to you by courier service. If you do not wish to go ahead, we simply return your hard drive.
Safe and Secure
Our hard drive recovery services are safe and secure; so you can be completely assured that our processes are designed to protect your data and your privacy at all times. We are registered and monitored by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO registration number Z1209280) and you can read our GDRP Privacy statement here.
If your data is particularly sensitive or valuable, then we can provide extra security measures through Non-Disclosure Agreements, encryption, and security cleared couriers, if required.
We are trusted by the BBC, SONY Pictures, Tesco, CERN, Williams F1, Rolls Royce and many more companies to recover their data.
Standard, Priority and Emergency Service Levels
Our Standard Service recovers your data in 5 – 10 working days, but f you require your data urgently then you can use our Emergency or Priority Service packages. You can call us anytime 24/7 on the Freephone no 0800 151 2207 to initiate recovery. If it is an emergency, our data recovery specialists will work on your recovery continuously until it is completed. Or, we can make your recovery a priority, and our experts will work on your recovery continuously during office hours until it is complete.
Our customer service team are friendly and knowledgeable and available to discuss your hard drive problem and the best recovery solution 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on our Freephone no. 0800 151 2207 or simply fill out the Call Back form and we will call you or email you as per your preference.
Main Causes of Hard Disk Drive Failure
– The hard drive may make a regular clicking noise when it is first powered on. This will last for approximately 20 seconds before the disk powers down.
– The hard drive may beep when first powered on.
– The drive will not be recognised by the computer
– Listen to an audio file of a hard disk drive with a mechanical fault
– Watch some YouTube footage of several types of hard drive failure
– The hard drive has received a knock: for example, it may have been dropped, or if it is in a laptop, the laptop may have received a bang.
– Mechanical failure is not exclusive to hard drives receiving knocks, hard drives can fail at any time – especially the older they get.
– Files and Folders will not open or have become inaccessible
– Files and Folders will not copy correctly – often CRC (Cylical Redundancy Check) errors will be reported
– Files and Folders may have been deleted or overwritten
– Areas of the hard drive may not be readable due to the development of bad sectors.
– Data structures on the hard drive may have been corrupted due to (eg) the disk not being ejected from the system correctly.
– A power surge has caused damage to the drive
– The wrong power cable has been plugged in.
– The drive will be recognised incorrectly by the computer
– Often the capacity of the drive is also reported incorrectly
– The firmware (or ‘microcode’) that runs the drive has become corrupted. Often this is a result of software bugs that exist in the firmware.