- Data Recovery Services
- How Do Hard Drives Fail ?
- RAID / Server Recovery
- External & USB Drives
- Mobile Phones & Tablets
- CCTV & DVR
- Windows Computers
- Lost & Deleted Files
- Forensic Investigation
- Forensic Data Recovery
- Tape Recovery
- Tape eDiscovery & Conversion
- Advanced Recovery Service
- Spare Parts & Donor Drives
- Disk Manufacturers
- SCSI Data Recovery
- SQL Recovery
- Hard Drive Help & Advice
- About Us / Contact
Data Recovery from Western Digital Caviar Blue hard disk drives
WD10EALX, WD7500AALX, WD5000AAKX, WD3200AAKX, WD2500AAKX (all SATA); WD5000AAKB, WD3200AAJB, WD2500AATB, WD1600AAJB, WD800AAJB (all PATA)
Western Digital”s Blue series of drives represent their mid-range hard disk offering. With general good all round performance and reliability these hard drives are suitable for many different applications.
Data Clinic are able to recover data from any type of Western Digital Caviar Blue hard disk
Common failure symptoms on WD Caviar Blue hard drives:
- The drive is dead and will not power up –
When powered on, the computer will fail to recognise the hard drive. Also it will not spin and no noises will be heard. This problem is often indicative of an electrical failure.
- The drive emits a repetitive clicking sound when powered on – Additionally the drive will not be recognised by the computer. This ticking noise is often indicative of a mechanical failure of the hard drive”s heads.
- The drive makes the computer run slowly when accessed – It takes a long time for files to open and the whole machine appears to run sluggishly.
What should I do?:
Call the Data Clinic and talk your problem through with us on 0871 977 2525